On the day of your surgery, here are some things you can do to help the day go smoothly:
· Please arrive at the surgery center at your scheduled time.
· Wear loose comfortable clothing.
· Bring any medications you are taking with you to the surgery center, or bring a complete list of all your medications.
· Bring your insurance card, government-issued identification, and form of payment for any co-payments or co-insurance due from you, if applicable.
· Arrange for an adult to drive you home and stay with you for 24 hours following your surgery if you are scheduled for a general anesthetic or sedation.
When you arrive at our facility on the day of your surgery, here’s what you can expect:
· You will be greeted by a member of our staff; they will complete your preadmission and registration process.
· You will be escorted to a private area where a member of our staff will ask you for a brief medical history.
· A few simple lab tests may be performed if not completed previously. We will discuss the purpose for any testing with you.
· Your anesthesiologist will meet with you to discuss your anesthesia, tell you exactly what will happen before, during and after surgery, and answer any questions you may have.